Commentluv & IntenseDebate BFFs

Just a quick post.  Pretty much my favourite plugin here has been Commentluv by Andy Bailey.  Unfortunately, enabling IntenseDebate meant that Commentluv stopped working.  However, our favourite programmer/purveyor of fine food has written a Commentluv plugin for IntenseDebate.  Cool, eh?

So we get threaded comments, single sign and Commentluv all in one place.  If you wish to take advantage, there is an extra field under the comment box for you to put in your site URL.

Enjoy.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1. o.d. says:

Oh yea I didnt' really notice that you didn't have Commentluv on when you started using IntenseDebate. This looks sweet. ^_^
    My recent post Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2. Sire says:

I know you like intense debate, but personally I feel it makes commenting that teeny weeny bit harder. Also I don't see CommentLuv at all? Where are you hiding it
    My recent post The Myth That DoFollow Leaches Your PR

3. Sire says:

OK, There it is, it only becomes visible after submitting the comment.

4. Ray says:

It should become visible once you click in the 'Post' area, it's just worked for me in IE8 via Citrix and also works on FF3.5.something on Linux at home. The you need to put your URL in before typing your post.
    My recent post Commentluv & IntenseDebate BFFs

5. hari says:

I see this will open an intense debate about IntenseDebate. :p

But I prefer not to use any third party commenting systems myself.

For me, Commentluv is a bonus and not an incentive to write a comment. But I agree with Sire above. The layout of the commenting form could be made easier.
    My recent post Claiming warranty for electronic hardware

6. Sire says:

Ray, honestly it wasn't there before but it seems to be working fine. I'm using Chrome so you can add that to the list of browsers that work well with it.

Also, as the browser auto fills everything commenting is now fine, all I had to do was click in the comment box and off I went.
    My recent post Comments, The Lifeblood Of A Blog

7. April says:

I like the option to not use intensedebate. thanks for that. comment luv is nice for us. how cool you found a plugin that allows both.
    My recent post Meet My New Kitty

8. When I meet that CommentLuv blogs I get really happy – they are so easy to work with.So like that service a lot.

9. Oes Tsetnoc says:

Wow! That is way cool.Where can I find this commentluv+intensedebate code? Can you share it with us so that we could implement it in our blogs too.
    My recent post Advantages of Using CMS Like WordPress

• ray says:

Go to your plugin page on the dashboard, download the IntenseDebate plugin. Go to the ID website and sign up. Put your API code in (or whatever it's called) and then activate it. When it has imported all your comments go to your ID dashboard and go to the plugin area. Activate Commentluv and viola!
      My recent post Commentluv & IntenseDebate BFFs

10. Peter Rome says:

Indeed,CommentLuv is such a good and really comfortable thing to use,Love it so much and glad to see that service on your page.

11. Wow, and it's working without a cinch! This is pretty sweet.

12. Karl Foxley says:

This is the the first time I've commented on a blog with the new CommentLuv / IntenseDebate pairing activated so here goes. CommentLuv is a great plugin and Andy is certainly doing a great job.
    My recent post Who Else Wants Access To The Largest Database Of CommentLuv Enabled Blogs On The Internet

13. I prefer not to use any third party commenting systems myself.

14. ow cool you found a plugin that allows both.

15. Joe Crawler says:

What is the difference between "intenseDebate" with the original one?
    My recent post Vikings LB E.J. Henderson suffers broken leg (AP via Yahoo! Sports)

16. ray says:

There is no difference. ComLuv is an addon at the ID end. No further installing is required.
    My recent post Parliamentary Committee on Homeopathy

17. sheero says:

I do not understand how it works and how I can apply it in my site
    My recent post Jasa Instalasi Komputer

18. this is a cool plugin I have not tried comment luv on my blog but thinking to take a test drive of this one may this increase my readers comments on my blog. thanks for sharing this one.
    My recent post Top 12 Free URL Shortening Services for Link Sharing on Social Networking and Email Marketing

19. Nice "Life on Mars" avatar. Nice coding job. I hate when various blog plugins just cancel one another out.

20. Hungary says:

Although the post quick – it's really great!

21. Selurus says:

I really like the commentluv plugin. Its such a cool idea and really helps when you’re just blog surfing. I’v installed it on my blog too. :)

22. Angie says:

CommentLuv is amazing. I use it on all of my blogs and it really does increase the amount of REAL comments from readers, as there is an incentive for them to post. I like how you can post your name for a link. Thanks for the post.

23. Hipolito Ort says:

Doing some browsing and noticed your website appears a bit confusedin my K-meleon internet browser. But fortunately hardly anyone uses it any longer but you may want to look into it.

24. Video_Games says:

I have been commenting with intense debate for a while but just today installed it on my blog. It is easy to set up and I like the fact that it works with comment luv. When I installed it, it did take out my top commentators but you can install intense debates version using html.

25. IntenseDebate also stands out because it allows you to easily switch away from the service whenever you want to. You can just export your data and import it back into your native blogging software's comments database….